Re: uninstall linmodem?

Removing is simplest if you remember the packages you installed.
If they were installed with aid of DKMS, just get info with:
$ sudo dkms status
Then
$ sudo uninstall -m Module --all
will do all for the chosen Module from the status report.

Otherwise just send us your ModemData.txt output from scanModem,
and we can figure out the rest.

Looking over your problems, they are likely not the driver, but the
protocol issues.
You might try to find a local Linux user and see what works for him/her.
For local help see  http://www.linux.org/groups/index.html.

MarvS