uninstall linmodem?

How can I check what linmodem installation(s) I have, and then uninstall them
and remove any changes they made to my kernel?

After many attempts to get dial-up using the computer's winmodem under Linux
(Ubuntu 10.4), I've decided to abanded the idea and buy a hardware modem
instead, but do not want my previous attempts (which I failed to make a note
of!) to clutter up my system.

Thanks, Ray