Re: sl-alsa modem connects only sometimes

RE:  > Between attempts I have to execute _sudo invoke-rc.d
sl-modem-daemon restart_
Interesting.  We are aware of this necessity for the slamr driver,
but not for the ALSA modem drivers including your snd-hda-intel
sound+modem driver
It is additionally puzzling because   sl-modem-daemon restart tries to
unload and reload the driver,
and this is typically not possible for snd-hda-intel

It is not apparent why it takes 3 tries to be successful.

Do check the /etc/default/sl-modem-daemon file for the COUNTRY
setting, as the default is USA
Edits can be done with:
$ sudo gedit /etc/default/sl-modem-daemon

MarvS