Re: PPP auth failed after connection

re: kppp appeared to keep
the connection open, with the time indicator moving on and the telephone line
occupied until I cancelled kppp. But it was no good because despite the
'connection' I couldn't get access to any websites or email.
-------
Do
$ ifconfig
if blocks for eth0 or wlan0 are shown, these must be closed before
dialout, or DNS services for PPP will fail
Shutdown with ROOT commands like:
 ifconfig eth0 down
 if config wlan0 down

MarvS