installation report compaq 615, ubuntu 10.04

Hi,

i'm just writing to share my experience with getting the internal modem of the compaq 615 notebook to work.
The scanmodem script suggested the agrsm -driver (chip: 0x11c11040).
Installation of the .deb went smoothly, but whenever i started to use efax the computer would crash (screen is frozen, no input possible anymore). After much fiddling i found out that the computer will crash if i send the AT&F command, which is in the default init-string of efax.
I removed the AT&F, and now it seems to work.

I hope this information will be useful for other users of this modem.

Regards,
  Lorenz