Re: Deborah Dailey, USA kernel 2.6.32-21-generic - wvdial cannot find my modem

Debbie

If you do a Google search for "Modem 3CXM556" numerous distributors
will be returned.
These are controller chipset (hardware) modems whose drivers are
included in most Linux kernels.

Conexant chipset modems are also well supported through Linuxant.com,
through you would have to pay a one-time fee for full speed service.

MarvS
scanModem maintainer