Re: Deborah Dailey, USA kernel 2.6.32-21-generic - wvdial cannot find my modem

Debbie,

Topic is not "Dead", just "dormant" or sleeping :(
You have provided the things that we asked for, and we are still
thinking about what might be needed?

I am "out of ideas", I wanted to ask if there are users out there that
have had success with agrsm- modems on usb.  I know that there was
another person on a related thread, but I don't remember if he/she was
successful with it?

Found thread here, but don't know outcome ?
http://old.nabble.com/ID-047e:2892-Agere-Systems,-Inc.-%28Lucent%29-td21249887.html

You have successfully installed the driver, run agrsm-test and
wvdialconf does not find the modem.  You have setup /dev/modem and
/dev/ttyAGSR as the modem driver and system does not dial.

Related usb/agrsm modem example by Marv is here:

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-eighth/msg03863.html

You have done that which is in the message.  I hope someone offers
suggestions to help you.

Regards,

Antonio