Re: peyton bay, usa, kernel 2.6.24-27-generic

Jacques Goldberg wrote:
Sorry I replied too fast, before reading the long saga, just on the ground of the current mailing.

You can see in the saga that the ISP did send sa login prompt, but rejected the login pair.

If you are sure about your username/pwd (respecting upper lower case etc...) then the detailed debug messages probability report a chap/pap incompatibility.
Jacque, I am certainly not sure about them but I did get them from AT&T this morning. I will now go set up the debugging as you suggest. Thanks,

Peyton

Perhaps one of you Anotonio or Peyton truncated this in the last post quote:

CONNECT 52000
--> Carrier detected.  Waiting for prompt.
STATION ID - hontx07rh11hp011,dlltx43ev
Welcome
Please Sign-on:
--> Looks like a login prompt.
--> Sending: pmbay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
pmbay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name, password pair incorrect

says it all. Look at the detaied debug messages in /var/log/messages

Jacques