Re: peyton bay, usa, kernel 2.6.24-27-generic

Jacques Goldberg wrote:
Since Peyton's wvdial log does not recognize a login prompt but the remote server has apparently identified itself and wvdial has captured the identification string (assuming that

STATION ID - hontx07rh11hp011,dlltx43ev

comes from the server, not from Peyton's machine, highly likely), the detailed debug log from /var/log/messages will immediately show who waits for what. Do you, Peyton, have any idea about who writes this completely folkloric "STATION ID"? Could you be trying to use some weird ISP who expects the user to know that this is a login prompt? In that case, as smart as wvdial may be, it is not enough of a genious to take this for a prompt.

Jacques

Jacques,

My ISP, AT&T, must be sending the Station ID. It certainly is not coming from me ... at least I don't see how it could be. I will now go read up on the debugging methods you refer to above. Thanks

Peyton