Re: Question

Rami,

please accept my apology.  I was confused with other threads  :(

Is this the question:

 I realized that I have to add this line below to the
  wvdial.conf in the /etc path
  Dial Command = ATX3DT

  a@a:/$ sudo wvdial
  --> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.60
  --> Initializing modem.
  --> Sending: ATZX3
  ATZX3
  OK
  --> Sending: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
  ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
  OK
  --> Modem initialized.
  --> Sending: ATX3DT198999
  --> Waiting for carrier.
  ATX3DT198999
  NO CARRIER
  --> No Carrier!  Trying again.
  --> Sending: ATX3DT198999
  --> Waiting for carrier.
  ATX3DT198999

  Then I tried this which I am wondering if it is the
  problem

  a@a:~$ sudo ls /dev/modem -l
  [sudo] password for a:
  lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 2010-04-07 18:06 /dev/modem ->
  ttySHSF0

 > --- On Wed, 4/7/10, Rami Daoud <ramidawod34@xxxxxxxxx>
 > wrote:
 >
 > > From: Rami Daoud <ramidawod34@xxxxxxxxx>
 > > Subject: Re: can't find the carrier
 > > To: discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 > > Date: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 10:10 AM

If it has not been answered, might be because

1) few to no persons have encountered this difficulty
2) users don't know how to answer
3) forgot to CC: to linuxant-support, they are the ones that help when
hsfmodem/hcfmodem drivers are involved, but the driver is not the
problem, so it might have to do with ISP?

Hope someone can help, as I don't know how to troubleshoot this situation.

Regards,

Antonio