Re: Peter Bolgar, United Kingdom, kernel 2.6.31-19-generic

Peter,

As Antonio remarked, this is your problem:
[   66.707276] Modules linked in: ac97_bus snd_pcm_oss snd_mixer_oss
joydev snd_pcm pcmcia snd_seq_oss snd_seq_midi snd_rawmidi
snd_seq_midi_event snd_seq snd_timer snd_seq_device snd iptable_filter
hsfmc97ich( ) hsfserial soundcore snd_page_alloc yenta_socket
rsrc_nonstatic pcmcia_core ip_tables x_tables ipw2200 libipw lib80211
psmouse serio_raw hsfengine(P) hsfosspec hsfsoar lp parport
sha256_generic blowfish cbc dm_crypt dm_raid45 xor fbcon tileblit font
bitblit softcursor i915 drm i2c_algo_bit 8139too 8139cp mii intel_agp
agpgart video output
[   66.707323]
Try detaching as much external hardware as possible, and retesting.
You can also try uninstalling the hsfmodem software & assess if Audio returns.

MarvS