Re: Peter Bolgar, United Kingdom, kernel 2.6.31-19-generic

Dear Marvin,

You are a rockstar.

Reinstalling the linux-image did the trick.

Re the 2.6.31.20-generic variant - I just have the linux-generic package
installed and this is the most current version it loaded from the karmic
repositories. I did not even know how that was working. But reinstalling
it and rebooting did the trick, now I have my sound back again so I am
pretty happy.

So now that that works - do you have any recommendation for getting the
modem working too?

Best,

Peter