Re: Dual HDA cards Re: Zeke Krahlin, USA, Linux Mint 8 Helena - Main Edition kernel 2.6.31-14-generic

Quoting Marvin Stodolsky <marvin.stodolsky@xxxxxxxxx>:

It is good to know that the dual HD audio cards are not presenting any
particular problem.

:)

Rebooting should not in general not be necessary,

Of course not; this is Linux. I just needed to know a bit more on how to unload and reload the devices in question, in order to avoid Windoze' *brute* methods.

Thanks *so* much for your help, Marvin Stodolsky, and (I might add) incredible patience. Now, armored with this new knowledge, I'm sure I can get the winmodem to work in other kernels.

If you ever need a reference from me, by all means I'll gladly speak praise for your excellent work with a rather clueless newbie. This also speaks well for linmodems.org!

I presume our work is done here. Cheers!

--
"A government is only as good as its operating system."
  - Zeke Krahlin