where is /boot/grub/menu.lst ?

ok.
i copy-paste the commands you give me anyway in order to avoid exactly
such things, but still...
pedeli@pedeli-desktop:~$ ls -l  /boot/grub/menu.lst
ls: cannot access /boot/grub/menu.lst: No such file or directory
pedeli@pedeli-desktop:~$

even when i go through the "windows procedure" i see NO menu.lst
whatsoever inside the /boot/grub (check foto)

i decided to change the title of the email, since it doesn't really
have to do with dial-up problems anymore.
my basic problem right now is the sound issue:
2.6.28 yes internet, no sound
2.6.31 no internet, yes sound

but i guess this is such a big problem, that i will deal with it, when
i come back here (sometime in april maybe); maybe things will have
been solved by then...
today or tomorrow i am leaving from athens (this machine) going back
to lesbos island.
still the internet issue is solved thanks to you guys.
thankyou very much
Βασίλης