Re: results of wvdial.conf

marvin, antonio,
thankyou very much for your time (i really appreciate it) - i might
get back to you when i get to another machine (fujitsu siemens amiloD
laptop) with no other access but a dial-up one, but still no
possibility of setting up a connection due to problems you are dealing
with every day...
i shall not unsubscribe from the group yet, because i want to give it
a try with the other machine as well. There i haven't upgraded to 9.10
yet, so there might be less problems until the success!
again thankyou very much
regards
basilis

p.s. antonio, are you telling me that with a fresh installation of
9.04 in this machine, i would be able to set up a dial-up connection?

2010/1/11, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx>:
> [...]
>> Modem = /dev/ttySL0
>> Baud = 115200
>> Init1 = ATZ
>> Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
>> ISDN = 0
>> Modem Type = Analog Modem
>> Phone = 3334445555
>> Username = Your_Login_Name
>> Password = Your_Password
>> Carrier Check = no
>> ## End
>> "
>> changing my data where necessary,
>> i tried:
>>

>> pedeli@pedeli-desktop:~$ gnome-ppp
>>
>> (gnome-ppp:2001): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment
>> with non-zero page size is deprecated
>>
>> (gnome-ppp:2001): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment
>> with non-zero page size is deprecated
>> WVCONF: /home/pedeli/.wvdial.conf
>> GNOME PPP: Connecting...
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: --> Ignoring malformed input line: ";Do NOT edit
>> this file by hand!"
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: --> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.60
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: --> Cannot get information for serial port.
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: --> Initializing modem.
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: --> Sending: ATZ
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: ATZ
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: OK
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: --> Sending: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: OK
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: --> Modem initialized.
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: --> Sending: ATM1L3DT0030,8962514140
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: --> Waiting for carrier.
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: ATM1L3DT0030,8962514140
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: NO CARRIER
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: ERROR
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: --> No Carrier!  Trying again.
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: --> Maximum Attempts Exceeded..Aborting!!
>> GNOME PPP: STDERR: --> Disconnecting at Sun Jan 10 23:34:13 2010
>> pedeli@pedeli-desktop:~$
>>

>> the command
>> ls -l /dev/ttySL0  /dev/slamr*  /dev/pts/*
>> now gives:
>>
>> pedeli@pedeli-desktop:~$ ls -l /dev/ttySL0  /dev/slamr*  /dev/pts/*
>> crw-rw---- 1 root   dialout 136, 0 2010-01-11 00:45 /dev/pts/0
>> crw--w---- 1 pedeli tty     136, 1 2010-01-11 00:47 /dev/pts/1
>> c--------- 1 root   root      5, 2 2010-01-11 01:20 /dev/pts/ptmx
>> crw-rw---- 1 root   dialout 242, 0 2010-01-10 23:20 /dev/slamr0
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root   root        10 2010-01-10 23:20 /dev/ttySL0 ->
>> /dev/pts/0
>>

>> and the command
>> $ sudo wvdial
>> now gives: (check foto !   - this continues endlessly...)
>>

>> please help...
>>

>> 2010/1/6, Marvin Stodolsky <marvin.stodolsky@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Βασίλης
>>>
>>> /etc/wvdial.conf
>>>
>>> Should be like:
>>> [Dialer Defaults]
>>> Modem = /dev/ttySL0
>>> Baud = 115200
>>> Init1 = ATZ
>>> Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
>>> Username = Your_Login_Name