Re: Fwd: Installation of agrsm modules on fedora 11 2.6.29/2.6.30 kernels

Marvin,

I researched a bit on the internet. I came accross some "option"
settings for the snd_hda_intel module. After those settings my sound is
working very fine with both the speakers and the headphones.

And I forgot to tell you that those packages,
dkms-agrsm-2.1.80-9mdv2009.0.i586.rpm, were not getting installed. On
the command prompt, it was showing me that it got installed. But
instead, it was getting included in the dkms source list, to be
installed on the next boot-up. And on the next boot-up, it gave me
"error 10". So I was not able to get the things done.

The settings I used for my Compaq CQ45-137TX  Fedora 11
kernel-2.6.30.8-64-PAE machine are:

options snd-pcsp index=-2
options snd slots=snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel model=hp-m4
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1

I had to add myself to the audio users group too.

After these settings, my sound is working very fine. And the sound is
automatically driven through headphones when I plug them in, and back to
speakers if I unplug them. The same as I was expecting.

Thanks for your support. I hope this information can be of any help to
you.