Re: polypower's Lucent Soft USB-Modem with Ubuntu 9.04

Thomas,

The open source USB modem  cdc_acm
serves a variety of modems including some here with IDs
0421:0428
15eb:0001
0baf:0303 USRobotics

The problem is that
1)  USB ID is almost never on the advertising, for Microsoft services.
2)  A single Brand Name may cover multuple chipsets.

I'm copying to the List so that someone with a serviced modem may respond,
Otherwise the onlyu option is to Google search with something like
"modem USD Linux'

MarvS