Re: snd-hda-intel problem Re: ANKUR,INDIA kernel 2.6.28-15-generic

Ahmed

Among the older AC'97 modem family, drivers snd-intel8x0m,
snd-atiixp-modem and snd-via82-modem support Subsystem modem chips
from a diverse set of manufacturers, with the Smart help of
slmodemd.  Conexant modem chips are the exception.

Among the modem chips on the newer HDA cards the situation is similar.
 Those modem chips which are specializations of the Silicon
Instruments SI3052 are supported by slmodemd.  This includes two
Agere/LSI chips, but not their in-house fabricated 11c11040 chip.
There are currently two Conexant chips in the hda family, which may be
recognized by the ALSA bootup diagnostics, but which cannot be
supported by ALSA.  I'm not under Linux now, but all this information
is embedded in the internal archive section of scanModem.

It certainly is not a pressing issue to work this all into
sl-modem-daemon, but I felt it should be mentioned.

There is a more pressing issue for sl-modem-daemon, I think.  Just
looking at the included components last night, there is no longer any
support for pre-loading ungrab-winmodem, now that the old
/etc/modprobe.d/sl-modem-daemon supporting script has been "outlawed"
by Ubuntu.  Perhaps ungrab-winmodem should now be loaded by
/etc/init.d/sl-modem-daemon ? Otherwise slamr actions will fail.

MarvS