Re: snd-hda-intel problem Re: ANKUR,INDIA kernel 2.6.28-15-generic

Ahmed,

The sl-modem-daemon is FINE for the Smartlink chip modems and the
AC'97 modem family.
The issue is whether the daemon script  is uniformly clever enough on
all HDA host systems to correctly parse the port specification.  It.
On host systems we have encountered, the port has (I recall) been one
of hw:0,0 , hw:0,1 or hw:0,6
Please do incorporate anything from that diagnostic section of my
scanModem section into  /etc/init.d/sl-modem-daemon
that might improve the daemon script's parsing.   There was also one
case where the User system had two different audio cards.
The scanModem diagnostics were not adequate in that case, and I had to
use a copy of the /proc/asound to figure out the port.

Now that Ankur's modem is working, it would be fine to reinstall the
sl-modem-daemon package, with specification in
/etc/default/sl-modem-daemon:
COUNTRY=INDIA
PORT=hw:0,6
(Ankur, I'm not under Linux now, and my syntax may not be correct, but
it will be obvious as you read the file.)
Thus the modem would indeed be automatically setup during boot, and
the manual slmodemd setup command would not be necessary.

Marvin