Re: Agere HDA modem not working, India, manish

Antonio,

Re:  This brings up a question regarding the new /etc/modprobe.d/ directory
that is now become depracated?
----------
/etc/modprobe.d/   is not itself deprecated, to my understanding.
Rather there is being implemented a requirement that all files within
/etc/modprobe.d/  have an ending .conf
For example, here are the contents of my Ubuntu folder:
$ ls /etc/modprobe.d/
agrsm.conf              blacklist.conf
blacklist-modem.conf     dkms.conf
alsa-base.conf          blacklist-firewire.conf     blacklist-oss.conf
      libpisock9.conf
blacklist-ath_pci.conf  blacklist-framebuffer.conf  blacklist-watchdog.conf

wherein agrsm.conf is just the rename of my older agrsm, facilitating
port creation and loading of agrmodem + agrserial upon:
$ modprobe agrserial.

MarvS