Re: Agere HDA modem not working, India, manish

Antonio,

   Would you provide Manish with instructions for driver loading on
RPM systems, using a /etc/init.d/ script.

Manish

Autoloading a bootup loading of winmodem drivers is NOT recommended.
While they may be working well now, after some future kernel update,
they could contribute to a crash during bootup.  You would then need
to work with a Rescue Disk to recover functionality.

If you have installed the agrsm-tools package, then
# modprobe agrserial
will setup all needed for subsequent dialout.

If you want to take the RISKs of having them autoload,
then add lines to the file /etc/module
agrmodem
agrserial

or somewhat more conservatively, write a loading script for /etc/init.d/

Marvin