Re: Emailing: ModemData

B, Baker,

Then in in this case the patch utility is needed.

as scanModem reports

 The patch utility is needed and is needed for compiling ALSA drivers,
and possibly others.

 Minimal compiling resources appear complete:
   make utility - /usr/bin/make
   Compiler version 4.3
   linuc_headers base folder /lib/modules/2.6.28-11-generic/build

 However some compilations and executable functions may need additional files,
 in the FileNames.h (so called kernel "h"eaders) collection installed
in  /usr/include/ .
 For martian_modem, additional required packages are needed. The also
required headers of package libc6 are commonly installed by default.
 Compiling hsfmodem drivers does require linux-libc-dev and libc6-dev
packages, for kernels 2.6.24 and later versions.
 In not included on your install CD, search for them at
http://packages.ubuntu.com
 or comparable Repository for other Linux distros.
 When compiling ALSA drivers, the utility "patch" will also be needed.

If a driver compilation fails, with message including some lack of
some FileName.h (stdio.h for example), then
Some additional kernel-header files need installation to /usr/include.
The minimal additional packages are libc6-dev
and any of its dependents, under Ubuntu linux-libc-dev

If an alternate ethernet connection is available,
$  apt-get update
$  apt-get -s install linux-kernel-devel
will install needed packages.
For Debian/Ubuntu related distributions, run the following command to
display the needed package list:

Otherwise packages have to be found through http://packages.ubuntu.com
Once downloaded and transferred into a Linux partition,
they can be installed alltogether with:
$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb

Look for the patch utility on Linuxant page and install as directions
should be given in Modem/DOCs/Conexant.txt

Regards,

Antonio