Re: Installing Motorola SM56/Smartlink

Cary,

As related by Antonio, there is only support for 1057:3052 chipset
modems on Systems with Intel 32 bit CPUs, as contrasted to your AMD
x86_64
Your hardware will be supported by a complete 32 bit installation, at
the penalty of a slightly degraded performance. But that is the only
way to get support for the modem.

After a new 32bit installation, you would need to establish general
compiling support and also the dkms package.

Then the modem specific code for Debian 2.6.26-13 would be provided by packages:
sl-modem-daemon - SmartLink software modem daemon
sl-modem-source - SmartLink software modem driver - module building source

MarvS