Re: Andre Dubuc, Canada, kernel 2.6.22.9-desktop586-1mdv -- no rule to make target 'init/main.o' [SOLVED]

Hi Antonio,

Did some sleuthing today and discovered why compilation was failing. The
kernel-devel package available on Mandriva's site is the incorrect version.
The correct version would match 'desktop586' which I found at an alternate
ftp site (gatech in the US).

D/l the correct copy and everything compiled quickly and without hitches.

The modem is up and running!

Thank you for your help!
Andre

Btw, neither GnomePPP or Kinternet are listed on either ftp site -- are there
other front-ends that utilize wvdial?