Re: USB modem

Dimitry

RE: appears a message that Configuration does not specify valid
> login, password and phone number thoug
------

Do:
$ sudo wvdialconf
which should find the modem through  /dev/ttySHF0

Then
$ sudo gedit  /etc/wvdial.conf

Presumably you are using wvdial.
You need to remove the symbols ; < >  from the /etc/wvdial.conf  file

Then  try a dialout with:
$ sudo wvdial

KPPP should be OK as an alternate dialer, but run its configuration first

With respect to the USB modem, get the scanModem utility and send us
the output ModemData.txt

MarvS