USB modem

Hi
I have dial-up USB modem "MentorV90". It works great under WinXP, and
i tried to use it with Ubuntu 8.04 but Linux does not sees it. I
connect modem to USB-port, but nothing happens.
I tried also use my internal dial-up modem (FaxTalk PCI Soft V92).
I've made configuration with hsf-modem, all right, but when i type my
login, pass, phone number and try to connect to Internet (through
Terminal), appears a message that Configuration does not specify valid
login, password and phone number though I make all the same like in
WinXP.
What can I do in this situation?
Thank's

--