Re: modem on ubuntu

Adeeb,
   There are USB modems which use Open Source drivers and Conexant
chipset USB  modems will be served by the software from
www.linuxant.com for a one time fee.
The problem is making sure the USB modem has the correct chipset.
Make sure Linux service is gauranteed!!  Brand Names are basically useless.

Local German users may have info.

MarvS