offtopic: external modem

Hi,

This question is a little offtopic for this mailing list, please
excuse me, don't know where to ask.

I couldn't get my internal modem to work, so I'm using external modem
for now, famous Courier V.Everything. I use callback to connect to my
ISP, and I usually have around 40 kbit/s connects from my desktop PC
(internal modem under WinXP) and laptop (internal modem under Vista).
When using courier, I have 38.6 kbit/s (v.90) during initial call
(originating) and 28.8 kbit/s when answering incoming call. I can not
figure out why I get this 28.8 speed when receiving incoming call..
Can anybody shed a light?

Thanks.

--
Timur Irmatov, xmpp:irmatov@xxxxxxxxx