Re: Almost Succeeded -- Thanks & some newbie comment

Thomas,

Below is a typical wvdial.conf for a hsfmodem type.
Likely you haven't removed the symbols  ;  < >
Do an edit with:
$ sudo gedit  /etc/wvdial.conf

Before trying a dialout do
# ifconfig
shutdown any channels except "lo" with commands like:
# sudo ifconfig eth0 down
before attempting a dialout like:
# sudo wvdial

MarvS
---------
[Dialer Defaults]
#  Specify the modem port through
Modem = /dev/ttySHF0.
Baud = 57600
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2
#  X3 is needed ony when phone line messages are low
Init3 =
# Area Code = 407
#    is already included below
Phone = 4076414021
Username = LoginName
Password = YourPassword
#vCarrier Check = no  # only needed for /dev/pts/N ports
Dial Command = ATDT
#  Stupid Mode = 1
#    try without this iniitally
ISDN = 0