Re: 11c11040 Cases

Hi David,
Yes, you're correct- I was one of the few who slaved to make Agere's
driver work properly on new systems.

You are correct that snd-hda-intel.ko is not really needed for USB
modems, but to remove it would require removing references to the two
exported symbols from the code, rendering it entirely useless for those
with HDA-modems.

Now, to the main USB issue- I have next to no experience with C/kernel
development, so I doubt I can be of much help, but I'll give it a  whirl.

Can you attach the error dump given when the kernel crashes?

Also, it should be noted that ALL of the driver code was written for
2.6.21 kernels, and only the parts relevant to 11c1:1040 modems have
been updated... so you may have better luck with such a kernel.
Best wishes,
Bjorn.