Re: 11c11040 Cases

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 06:13:57PM -0400, Bjorn Wielens wrote:

> Now, to the main USB issue- I have next to no experience with C/kernel
> development, so I doubt I can be of much help, but I'll give it a
> whirl.
>
> Can you attach the error dump given when the kernel crashes?
>
> Also, it should be noted that ALL of the driver code was written for
> 2.6.21 kernels, and only the parts relevant to 11c1:1040 modems have
> been updated... so you may have better luck with such a kernel.

Hi Bjorn,
  thanks for your kind help.  Unfortunately, all experiments were
conducted remotely, so I could not grab the whole Oops text.  The test
environment is currently unavailable, and I doubt it would get restored
anytime soon.  I appreciate the hint about the kernel version; will let
you know if I'll have the chance to run more tests (but it's more likely
I'll have to move to another driver).

Thanks,
 David
--
 David Santinoli
 Tieffe Sistemi S.r.l.                      viale Piceno 21, Milano