Re: agrsm, patched HDA_intel @ mandriva 2009.0 (solved)

OK, let me try to explain:

First, I'm used to have dkms-driveres like madwifi, fglrx and vbox, so dkms-
agrsm too. Mandriva 2009.0 free + non-free + all updates (rpm).

kernel rpm linux-2.6.27.5-desktop-2mnb + devel-rpm:
- dkms-agrsm-2.1.80-2 should not compile because of unpatched hda-inel..

got kernel-source-linux-2.6.27.5-2mnb, oldconfig, patch, copy = modules not
compatible!

OK, build a whole new different homebrew kernel linux-2.6.27.5-2mnbcusom
	- dkms-agrsm-2.1.80-2 did not compile, even with patched hda-inel (error 10)
	- dkms-fglrx (8.522-3) did not compile!!

	+ original ati-linux driver fglrx 8.561 did compile and install
	+ dkms-agrsm-2.1.80-4mdv did compile and install

booted to original desktop-kernel with still unpatched hda-intel
	+ original ati dkms-fglrx 8.561 did compile and install again
	+ dkms-agrsm-2.1.80-4mdv did compile and install again

However, I was not able to build any package prior to -4 version, if dkms or
not. As I am more the user than developer, this is OK now for me. Though I'm
interested to hear about the differences between the versions 3 and 4. I
found, -3 makefile did nothing but call agrinst at first, wich stopped with
"some files" missing. Don't know whether this might help you, but you're
welcome to tell me what to do to get the right information.

wvdial + ttyAGS3: forgot to set dial command ATDT before phone number and pc
freezes. Maybe agrserial commands beginnig with 88... are harmful?

Frank