Re: What's the best init string for noisy lines? (Final Report)

Hi dear Marvin and other guys,
After testing different initial strings, these results have been obtained (Ubuntu 8.10 on Dell 6000, with Conexant modem):

1. ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +MS=V90 : no disconnections but the speed is slow

2.AT&FE0V1S0=0L3&C1&D2+MR=2;+DR=1;+ER=1;W2 (I found this init string from Dell driver .inf file) : no disconnections, the speed become better than 1 but still slow

3. AT&F E1 V1 X1 S10=250 S7=90 : same as 2

4. ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +MS=V90,0,,,44000,52000 : first the speed was good but I have disconnections. After changing my ISP and modem type to ISDN and phone number to DT971.... in gnome-ppp the disconnections also have gone :-)

Finally, thanks to everyone especially Marvin.
Cheers,
Habib Seifzadeh