Re: What's the best init string for noisy lines?

Habib,
   The V32, V90, V92 specify different compression protocols.
Evidently your IPs V92 is not fully Linux compatible,
so you have to fall back to V34 or V90.

These ha ve worked in the past with +MS=34  or +MS=90
Thus it is surprizing that you needed the +MS=V34
Please recheck.

There is nothing else I'm aware of which could increase speed.

You might read /etc/ppp/options  or
$ man pppd
about adjusting the MTU (tranfer unit size), but I have no intuition
whether it will help.

MarvS