What's the best init string for noisy lines?

Hi all,

Discussing the problem, I have three modems in my home; two of them are based on Conexant chipset which work properly by linuxant driver and the other one is
Smartlink which works with sl-modem-daemon. So, I don't have any
problem with installing the drivers. All of them connect to ISP and
transmit info. Also, the OS is Ubuntu 8.10

The problem is that
all of them disconnect from ISP frequently (About every 2 or 3 minutes)
when I'm in linux but none of them have such problem in Windows XP! I think the reason is my noisy phone line but Windows XP knows how to recover from noises.

changed some settings like lcp-echo-failure and lcp-echo-interval from
/etc/ppp/options file. By increasing value of them, modem doesn't
disconnect but no information is transferred 2 or 3 minutes after
connecting and therefore I'm forced to disconnect manually. So, they
can't solve the main problem....

guess the issue is solved by changing initial strings in dialing
program configuaration files (e.g. /etc/wvdial.conf). After surfing the
net, I figured out that thare are some AT Commands in modems for
recovering from noise. I think that Windows XP uses these commands so
that the modem doesn't disconnect at all. There are some pages which
describe AT Commanands but I couldn't find any one which solve the
problem cleanly. Does anyone have any information about these AT
Commands?

By the way, I browsed the .inf file of one of my
conexant modem's driver. I found this line:
AT&FE0V1S0=0L3&C1&D2+MR=2;+DR=1;+ER=1;W2. When I use this
command in wvdial.conf, the modem responds "Ok" but the problem still
remains... :-(

Any help would be appreciated.
Habib Seifzadeh