Sharon Donegan U.S.A. PCTEL-0.9.7-9-RHT-10 NO DNS; Personal line with ethernet

Hello,

Marv has been helping me but his time period seems to be different than mine so I'm asking for anyone else to help.

The above has been installed and my modem has been found.

I want to dial out on my own phone line and don't have a DNS provider. I have Qwest which I think is ethernet?

Have two questions: What number do I put in for the phone number? (If I put in my cellphone number, does that mean I have to manually insert each phone number to which I want to fax?

If I use "ifconfig" and "sudo ifconfig eth0 down" to shutdown the ethernet, what command do I use to bring it back up? I am using the ethernet connection to browse.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks,

Sharon