Re: agrsm-ubuntu8.04.1-2.6.24-19-generic problems

CG,

Unfortunately there is likely nothing that can  be done.
The driver code has a precompiled component, wherein in cannot be
explored as to what is wrong.

MarvS

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:24 AM, cgomez.cu <cgomez.cu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After fresh reboot, i load the modules agrmodem and agrserial, and use a
> modem fine. When finish to use it, I can unload modules (modprobe -r) and
> load them without problem and wvdial detect it. If unload the modules and
> hibernate, when i recover i can load the modules once again but when run
> wvdial first time it say "Segmentation fault", if i run second time, it
> don't respond. I think in dependencies problem. Maybe some module are
> blocked after hibernate process.  If i try upload module once again it say:
>
> cgomez@grtau:~/Desktop$ sudo modprobe -r agrserial
> FATAL: Module agrserial is in use.
>
> cgomez@grtau:~/Desktop$ sudo modprobe -r agrmodem
> FATAL: Module agrmodem is in use.
>

> After it, hibernate don't work and log the fallowing message:
> /usr/lib/pm-utils/functions: line 162: echo: write error: Device or resource
> busy
>
> Sorry my English
>
> Regards
>        Carlos A
>

> Bjorn Wielens wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> What happens if you unload the two modules BEFORE hibernating, and then
>> reload them after coming out of hibernation?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bjorn.
>>

>> cgomez.cu wrote:
>>> There are two unsolved problems after some hours of googling and
>>> rebooting.
>>> 1st) Resuming from an hibernation locks the device, so trying to unload
>>> the
>>> module retuns "FATAL: Module agrserial is in use." and the same for
>>> agrmodem. Wvdialconf reports no modem, even when before hibernation it
>>> make
>>> a good summary, but it appears that it's locked (wvdialconf said: " Is it
>>> in
>>> use by another program?"). The locked device make impossible a second
>>> hibernation. A reboot sequence unlocks the device but I need to use
>>> hibernation.
>>> 2nd) After all the configurations the symlink /dev/ttySAGR doesn't come