Re: my modem is hsf or hcf ? or what my modem: i act what you say but get error

Hogat,

The blacklist looks OK now.
Detach any USB external  devices

Check for driver loading with:
# lsmod | grep uhci .
uhci_hcd should not present among any drivers listed.

If present try:
# modprobe -r  uhci_hcd
again check with:
# lsmod | grep uhci
uhci_hcd should not present among any drivers listed

If absent, creart the device slamr0 with:
#  mknod -m 600 /dev/slamr0 c 242 0
Load the drivers:
# modprobe ungrab_winmodem
# modprobe slamr

Try to activate the SL1800 modem, do:
# slmodemd -c USA  /dev/slamr0
if  port creation is reported  by:
   /dev/ttySL0  -> /dev/pts/N   (some number)

Open a 2nd console and test with:
# wvdialconf  /etc/wvdial.conf

REport  back

MarvS