Re: the second dial doesn't work!

Rocky,

Can you please be more specific?
Ctrl-C stops a PROGRAM.
Which one did you stop with Ctrl-C?
Has what you did also stopped slmodemd or just wvdial (which I assume you used because you do not say, so I have to guess)? If you did not stop slmodemd and then, quoting you, "Then i wanted to reconnect, so i typed: $sudo modprobe -r slamr", then the error message just says "hey, I can't modprobe it because it is already running and is used by slmodemd". If you want to understand what you, when you have a "module busy" report, the first thing to do is type sudo lsmod " which shows which module(s , one or more) are running and depend on what.

Finally if my guess is right, and with Ctrl-C you stopped wvdial which indeed disconnects the modem, but did not stop slmodemd which I guess was running in an other terminal, all you need in order to restart is to start wvdial again.

Jacques

Rocky Rock wrote:
Hi Marv,
the way you gave me last time to unload and reload the driver doesn't work with me.
Look what i've done:
I pressed Ctrl+C to disconnect in the terminal that i used to connect, and it worked.
Then i wanted to reconnect, so i typed:
$sudo modprobe -r slamr
but i got this message:
$FATAL: Module slamr is in use.

I tried then to type:
$sudo modprobe slamr
and i got no message, then when i tried to reconnect i get the same old message that the modem doesn't respond or something. So i had to reboot again to reconnect again!

Thanks.