the second dial doesn't work!

Hi Marv,
the way you gave me last time to unload and reload the driver doesn't work with me.
Look what i've done:
I pressed Ctrl+C to disconnect in the terminal that i used to connect, and it worked.
Then i wanted to reconnect, so i typed:
$sudo modprobe -r slamr
but i got this message:
$FATAL: Module slamr is in use.

I tried then to type:
$sudo modprobe slamr
and i got no message, then when i tried to reconnect i get the same old message that the modem doesn't respond or something. So i had to reboot again to reconnect again!

Thanks.