Re: Ferez, Azerbaijan, openSUSE 11.0 (X86-64) - Kernel 2.6.25.5-1.1-default

Ferez,

1)Read the wvdial.txt that scanModem output, in the Modem/DOCs/ folder

2) Run as Root
# wvdialconf  /etc/wvdial.conf
The modem should be found.

3 a) If not, do
# hsfconfig  --diagnose
which will write output to a file in the /tmp/ folder
Send it to   "Support (Jonathan)" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,

3b) if found,
Edit in your personal information with
# gedit  /etc/wvdial/conf
removing the ; < >  symbols and putting in your personal information.

4) Do
# ifconfig
Shutdown any COMM channels except loopback "lo" using the Control Panel  of
# infconfig eth0 down
of their will be interfernce with DNS service when

5)  a dial out  is done with:
# wvdial

Using the various Network front ends to wvdial is NOT advised,
 until all is working well, as they hide information that may be
necessary for debugging

Enjoy

MarvS