Re: Agere 11C11040 Modem on HDA cards. (Menedas)

Hi Menedas,
Glad to hear it... No worries though, we all make
mistakes :)

You can try setting up wvdial (by editing
/etc/wvdial.conf) to use serial port /dev/ttyAGS3, and
then filling in some bum information for ISP phone
etc.
When you try 'wvdial' without a phone line connected,
a resulting 'NO DIALTONE' after a few moment's wait
will tell you the modem is working. (If you get 'modem
not responding', please forward the output of the
'dmesg' command.)
Congrats on finally getting it working.

Bjorn

--- menedas <menedas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm so sorry, I'm really an idiot. I went again
> through my files and saw that my hda_codec.c wasn't
> patched anymore. Don't know why not. Maybe because
> of a delete and reextract of the package. Ok, now a
> modprobe also works here. So relieved.  Now I need a
> method to test the modem without a telephone line.
>
> Menedas wrote:
> > Hm, what is still differnt to mine system?
> >
> > There is also something strange. With the
> snd-hda-intel.ko compiled by me copied into right
> directoy I don't have the Master track/volume
> anymore.
> >

> > Bjorn Wielens wrote:
> >> Hi Menedas,
> >> Sorry it didn't work out... The good news is that
> with
> >> your help we've managed to get quite far- Roan
> almost
> >> has his working, note his last message:
> >>
> >> ...but i don't have dir

'/lib/modules/2.6.24-19-generic/kernel/sound/pci/hda/'
> >> on
> >> my system so i copied file 'snd-hda-intel.ko' to

'/lib/modules/2.6.24-19-generic/ubuntu/sound/alsa-driver/pci/hda'