Re: HOWTO for Agere 11C11040 Modem on HDA cards. (Roan, menedas, & others)

Hi Roan,
the file you're using tries to patch the same file
twice... So apply it as you did, and then when asked '
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!
> Assume
> -R? [n]'
you should answer N. When asked 'apply anyway', also
answer N.

That should get you back on track!
Bjorn.

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/hda_symbols.patch
> [...]
> better off
> >using other drivers anyway).
> > ------------------
> > To everyone else:
> > Once you have installed ALSA version 1.0.16 or
> greater,
> >and verified it works,
> > Please follow these steps to continue:
> > 1. Put the hda_symbols.patch file in your
> alsa-driver
> >source directory.
> > 2. Run the command 'patch -p1 < hda_symbols.patch'
> >patch the ALSA source. (Patched file is
> >./alsa-kernel/pci/hda/hda_codec.c)
> > 3. Build the patched ALSA modules. ('make')
> > 4. Copy the file modules/snd_hda_intel.ko to
> >/lib/modules/<your kernel
> >version>/kernel/sound/pci/hda/snd-hda-intel.ko
> > (overwrites old module, rename it if you want)
> > 5. run 'depmod -ae'.
> > 6. You should now have the patched module
> installed.
> >Reboot to activate.
> > ---
> > 7. Extract the attached e-mail tarball: 'tar -jxvf
>
> >agrsm-HDA-20080721.tar.bz2'
> > 8. Change to the new dir: 'cd agrsm-20080721/'
> > 9. Build the modules. ('make module')
> > 10. Make a directory for the newly created agere
> modem
> >modules:
> > 'sudo mkdir /lib/modules/<your kernel
> version>/extra/'
> > 11. Now copy the modules here: 'sudo cp *.ko
> >/lib/modules/<your kernel version>/extra/'
> > 12. run 'depmod -ae'
> > 13. Load the new modules: 'modprobe agrmodem'
> followed
> >by 'modprobe agrserial' IN THAT ORDER!
> > (If you get a complaint about unknown symbols,
> check the
> >last few lines of 'dmesg' and let me know what
> symbol)
> > You should now have device node /dev/ttyAGS3. This
> is
> >now your modem port.
> > You can use it with wvdial etc.
> >
> > If you have any problems, please let me know and
> I'll do
> >what I can to help.
> >
> > Bjorn.
> >

> > Bjorn Wielens wrote:
> >> Okay, we seem to be gathering a following with
> this
> >> HOWTO for the 11c11040 modem.
> >>
> >> The current stage we're at is having built and
> >> installed either ALSA modules 1.0.16 or 1.0.17,
> and
> >> verifying that /proc/asound/card0/codec#1
> contains
> >> correct info.
> >>
> >> I've received success reports from Roan and
> Menedas.
> >>
> >> If anyone needs help getting to this point, let
> me
> >> know soon. I plan to continue with the howto
> later
> >> today when I have access to the machine with the
> >> needed tarballs on it.
> >>
> >> I will publish a HOWTO html document for later
> use
> >> after we've gotten everyone up and running.

=== message truncated ===