From: Antonio Olivares [mailto:olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 10:38 AM
To: Edison
Cc: discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Fedora 8 with built in alsa modem

--- On Sun, 6/29/08, Edison <edison@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Edison <edison@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: RE: Fedora 8 with built in alsa modem
> To: discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Sunday, June 29, 2008, 8:16 PM
> I already tried to break CTRL-C and then wvdial again for many times,
> but it still give me Timed out while dialing. Trying again.
> Even after I
> run the slmodemd again after I break (CTRL-C) it.
>
> The only solution I got so far is to delete the /etc/wvdial.conf and
> the wvdialconf again as 'su - '. Or else I never get any other message

> rather than Timed out while dialing, no matter how many times I CTRL-C

> wvdial and slmodemd.
Which is your ISP Edison if you do not mind if I ask?

I sometimes had those problems that you had, but with the X3 and +MS=34
or +MS=90, helped me tremendously.  Also stupid mode = yes line in
wvdial.conf.  You are using slmodemd+alsa correct?

Sometimes when i use slamr, I have to restart the service because the
modem does not respond. I did as root # service slmodemd restart then #
wvdial again.

When the connection dies off or gives bad output, I used CTRL+C, waited
a little while, then attempted dialout again.   ISP's can be a major
pain in the a**.  You do not need to remove wvdial.conf and put it back
again.  IF you want to do it, it is up to you, but it does not make
sense.  Get other numbers (access numbers to your ISP), try them out and
use the one(s) that work best.  I would like to help you more, but I do
not know how to give you advice.  Maybe if you can share your ISP, there
might be something that can be done to help you.

Regards,

Antonio