Re: Fedora 8 with built in alsa modem

What is the full PATH name of wvdial.conf
The default is  /etc/wvdial.conf
Once written, it should have the following permissions:

$ ls -l /etc/wvdial.conf
-rw-r----- 1 root dialout 440 2008-05-01 09:55 /etc/wvdial.conf
on a Ubuntu/Debian style system
or on a RPM based System, like
-rw-r----- 1 root uucp 440 2008-05-01 09:5

 /etc/wvdial.conf should then be stable.
But you can copy it to your home folder.
Then your worst case would be copying it back to /etc/wvdial.conf

MarvS