Fedora 8 with built in alsa modem

Hi all,

This is strange for me. I connected for once. I have to do wvdialconf
and then add all the lines such as:
+MS=90, Stupid Mode = yes, Auto DNS = yes, Carrier Check = no
.... And I got connected.

But after I start my computer again, I always get this line:
Timed out while Dialing. Trying again.

I had to erased wvdial.conf and do the wvdialconf all over again to be
connected again.

And if I start my computer again, there is nothing in my wvdial.conf.
All the things I write is gone.

What happened? Do I have to do the wvdialconf all the time?

PS. May I ask how to put the connecting sound to be heared? Because I
want to know if I get the dialing or not.

Regards,

edison