FATAL: modpost: GPL-incompatible module slusb.ko uses GPL-only symbol 'usb_unlink_urb'

Hi

I've just updated my linux distro, kernel (2.6.25.7) and I found 'slmodem' does not compile anymore...

Before posting this mailing list I searched in google for this problem and it appears to be present with lots of slmodem users...

As far as I could investigate it is a license related situation problem, but is it that? is there a fix or something we can do? I would not go back to a earlier kernel just for a driver and stay there with no more upgrades just to make it work...

Would it be possible to compile it under 2.6.24 and in some way install and make it work with 2.6.25? or what are we supposed to do?

I thing it is not a version related stuff, if the problem is a license it may/will not work even with newer releases, or yes?

Please tell me what to do and/or expect...

Thanks for any comment