Re: slmodemd doesn't work after suspend/resume

RE:  the real problem is  inside snd_intel8x0m
No
The problem is with the snd-trident support of modem driver snd-intel8x0m

With the snd-trident unloaded,
modprobe snd-intel8x0m
should load both snd-intel8x0 and snd-intel8x0m
Then test the modem as root with:
  slmodemd -c USA --alsa  modem:1
which should announce port creation,

If so, open a 2nd console, and the modem should be detected by:
 wvdialconf  /etc/wvdial.conf

MarvS