Re: Kendall Brown, United States, kernel 2.6.24-16-generic Ubuntu Hardy Heron.

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Kendall Brown
<ordinary12@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I put the SLMODEMD.gcc4.2.tar.gz package in the tmp
directory and followed
> the directions.  It worked for a split second then
stopped.  When I looked
> in the tmp directory the package was gone....no
great mystery why its called
> the tmp directory now but I still need to know what
folder I should put this
> package in so it will remain once I set everything
up.

> --
> "When Mississippi does create a militia, that shares
my ideals, I will wear
> that uniform with pride and dare any man, that would
take from me what I
> have made for myself, to test my resolve and the
impact of my weapon."
>  Kendall Brown

NOTE:  I am sending this from yahoo account because
gmail is not working at this time :(

>From the SLMODEMD.gcc4.2/ folder please do the
following:
$ sudo cp slmodemd /usr/sbin/

That will save slmodemd from being deleted.  Theres a
package called sl-modem-daemon or something like that
that will help you set the system up at boot without
you having to type it in the command window.  Marv and
 others can advise you better on this one.

Regards,

Antonio