Re: Modem dials but can't establish a PPP connection

Ann,
  Please send to the List, not me directly as i'm not on line much.
Some of our EarthLink users can likely help.

You do have to buy a software key from Linuxant for full speed
service. It is good for all future upgrades.

sudo tail -f /var/log/messages > ann.txt
will direct output to filename ann.txt , rather than the screen.  If
you want to add more, use >>
$ SomeCommand >> ann.txt
or the first block will be overwritten

Or start a text file with
gedit ann.txt
to Select and Paste into
Select by dragging your mouse over the chosen text block in a console.
Shift-Ctrl-C will copy it
Shift-Ctrl-V will paste it, or click with both mouse buttons.

For CHAP authentication, rather than your LoginName, you need to use
something like
 Earthlink.com/LoginName
in your dialup config file.

MarvS